If you’ve ever eaten dried mushrooms you know how awful they taste. Thankfully there are other methods for consuming magic mushrooms that mean you don’t have to taste the mushrooms. However, purchasing these predosed products aren’t always ideal for everyone, and they’re likely more expensive than making the microdosing caps yourself.
Why Are Microdosing Caps A Good Choice?
Microdosing caps is a great consumption method when it comes to magic mushrooms because they’re easy. You can easily add them into your morning routine with the rest of the supplements you’re taking. Plus they’re predosed , so you don’t have to worry about measuring them out each time.
Things You Need to Make Your Microdosing Caps
Of course, you will need your favourite strain of dried mushrooms, but there are a few other things you will likely need that you may not have thought of.
- Capsules of an appropriate size
- Something to grind the mushrooms into a powder. A coffee grinder or spice grinder can work just fine, just remember that if you’re also grinding coffee make sure to have a second grinder just for mushrooms.
- A digital scale. It’s so much easier to get the correct dose with a scale. Also, you’re likely going to be measuring as little as 0.1 grams so make sure the scale you purchase can measure to 0.1
- Capsule filling machine. This isn’t necessary but can make the process significantly easier, especially with smaller capsules. Alternatively, you can purchase tiny spoons for filling.
You can also add other ingredients to your capsules for additional benefits. These typically include things like Lion’s mane powder and Nicain powder.
How to Make Your Caps
After reading the things you need it’s probably fairly self explanatory on what you need to do to make these caps but I’ll give you the step-by-step instructions anyway.
- Grind dried mushrooms into a powder.
- Measure for accurate dose (you can weight the powder and divide by the number of caps to get the dose).
- Mix powder with other ingredients if you’re adding them.
- Fill capsules.
Figuring Out a Microdosing Dose
While you’re figuring out the best dose for you, it may make sense not to put the ground mushrooms in capsules because it is somewhat challenging to adjust the dose after the fact.
Instead, you can grind up your mushrooms and put them in your morning smoothie until you figure out what dose is best for you.
How big is a microdose?
Typically, a microdose is approximately 1/10th the size of a full psychedelic dose. So, if you have previously consumed magic mushrooms you can take your regular dose and make 10 microdosing caps with it.
If you haven’t consumed magic mushrooms previously, a good starting place is between 0.1 and 0.3 grams.